Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Actively participate in all applicable corporate and division sponsored safety initiatives via monthly safety calls, annual safety conferences and specialized training classes.
- Provide general direction and coaching to the plant safety team leaders to insure compliance issues are adequate.
- Aid the team leaders in developing meeting agendas, training materials and activities to meet established objectives.
- Maintain necessary documentation involving historical data, incident investigations and training records.
- Schedules and trains on all OSHA required training programs to all facility employees, with assistance.
- Responsible for setting up all specialized training programs such as First Aid, CPR and Fire Evacuation Drills.
- Ensures audit compliance is in place such as Fire Extinguisher Monthly Audits, Powered Industrial Trucks, etc.
- Works closely with Supervisors on the investigation of all safety incidents. Ensures full investigations and corrective actions are in place.
- Inspects and reports any safety related concerns with the maintenance department and or other required parties and follows proper work order requests and follow-up.
- Works closely with Human Resources to determine trends in accidents or safety concerns to identify additional training requirements.
- Provides guidance and consistent communication with employees and adherence to safety compliance.
- Works closely with Corporate approved vendor on safety PPE and the ordering and inventory process. Facilitates weekly start-up meetings with regard to all safety topics and trainings.
- Reports and acts on all food safety and quality problems reported by plant personnel.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Knowledge of required OSHA training and regulatory compliance.
- Previous experience in a safety role within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Possess strong assessment and decision making skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements and other safety related topics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed