Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products, seeks a Quality Control Technician to join our thriving plant in Okemah, OK. This position requires a candidate that is able to work in a fast-paced environment and is looking to learn and grow with our company. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Quality Control Technician
We are seeking an experienced, dedicated Quality Control Technician to join our team. In this position, you will maintain quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, finished products, and recording the results. Excellent communication and leadership skills are a must, as well as a keen attention to detail.
Quality Control Duties and Responsibilities
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting a visual and measurement test, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
- Approve in-process production by confirming required specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and communicating the required adjustments to the production supervisor
- Approve all finished products by confirming specifications and conducting required tests
- Return products for re-work if needed and complete documentation to confirm re-work
- Document and update inspection results by completing reports and logs
- Keep measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and calling for repairs.
- Maintain safe work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Coach and mentor junior employees; seek opportunities to grow leadership in others
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications, attending seminars, watching industry videos, etc.
- Accomplish organization mission by completing related results as needed
Quality Control Requirements and Qualifications
- 2+ years in a leadership or supervisory position required
- 2+ years in a Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and/or Inspector role within a manufacturing facility required
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain and teach methodologies
- Understanding of manufacturing methods and procedures
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed