Grow with Caraustar
If you ask our associates what they like most about Caraustar, you’ll hear a consistent answer: the people. That’s no surprise. At Caraustar, our people drive our success. And with more than 4,000 associates in locations across the U.S., we need a vast range of talent and skillsets to grow and thrive. That’s where you come in! We invite you to explore available opportunities at Caraustar. Follow the Star!
Established in 1938, Caraustar is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We focus on providing our customers exceptional service and value through environmentally sound, innovative products and services. We take pride in being an industry leader through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
Our Common Purpose
There's a reason so many choose to grow their career at Caraustar. No matter who you are or what your role, the work you do affects the global environment – from customer service experts working one-on-one to enhance the customer experience to manufacturing professionals who turn refuse into renewable resources. At Caraustar, we are more than a workplace; we are a community with a common purpose.
Our Star Business System
Innovation runs through the veins of our organization – from green design and materials to capital investment and technology. Our Star Business System provides a disciplined framework for our work by maximizing each employee’s potential while teaching world-class business and management skills.
Provide technical support and training to drive continuous improvement in the performance of all aspects of the operation – safety, quality assurance and customer service, productivity, operating efficiencies and cost containment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Perform as a leader providing technical support and training to guide changes to plant process and procedures in order to reduce process variability, improve product performance in customer plants, reduce manufacturing costs and improve operating efficiency.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement process (OPEX) by which projects and activities are identified, defined, developed and prioritized. Examples include facilitating meetings, evaluating recommendations, planning and facilitating the implementation of changes, tracking activities and reporting progress.
- Collect, Record, and Analyze Process Data
- Identify opportunities to improve existing procedures and workflow processes.
- Maintain specified equipment records.
- Purchase specified operating supplies.
- Participate in downtime maintenance and readiness planning and project management activities.
- Provide support and training to employees to improve mill safety and housekeeping programs and procedures.
- Develop and maintain materials and processes related to stock preparation, including refining, paper machine wet end, sheet pressing and drying.
- Train production employees in analytical problem solving and decision making techniques as applicable.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Work safely and actively demonstrates support of the company’s safety initiatives.
- Report to work on regular, consistent basis.
- Bachelor of Science or higher in chemical or mechanical engineering or related degree with experience in process, product or technology development. Pulp and Paper related degree and/or background a plus.
- Pulp and Paper experience is highly desirable
- Process improvement knowledge in a manufacturing environment such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc., to drive operational excellence system is a plus.
- Statistical Process Control knowledge is desired.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and meet/supersede stated objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in data analysis.
- Proficiency in Parcview is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively both written and verbal.
- Excellent team leadership abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Able to effectively and consistently demonstrate time management skills.
- Ability to adhere to healthy safety practices.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed