Grow with Caraustar
If you ask our associates what they like most about Caraustar, you’ll hear a consistent answer: the people. That’s no surprise. At Caraustar, our people drive our success. And with more than 4,000 associates in locations across the U.S., we need a vast range of talent and skillsets to grow and thrive. That’s where you come in! We invite you to explore available opportunities at Caraustar. Follow the Star!
Established in 1938, Caraustar is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We focus on providing our customers exceptional service and value through environmentally sound, innovative products and services. We take pride in being an industry leader through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
Our Common Purpose
There's a reason so many choose to grow their career at Caraustar. No matter who you are or what your role, the work you do affects the global environment – from customer service experts working one-on-one to enhance the customer experience to manufacturing professionals who turn refuse into renewable resources. At Caraustar, we are more than a workplace; we are a community with a common purpose.
Our Star Business System
Innovation runs through the veins of our organization – from green design and materials to capital investment and technology. Our Star Business System provides a disciplined framework for our work by maximizing each employee’s potential while teaching world-class business and management skills.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Create and submit weekly status reports to management
- Identify, recommend, and participate in process improvement initiatives
- Support the Procurement Analytics team on various initiatives, including the development of supply chain metrics, and the continuous evaluation of spend across the organization
- Assist in data preparation and analysis utilizing multiple platforms and retrieval processes
- Manage business intelligence capabilities within the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement team
- Provide valuable and actionable data to support year over year cost savings and cost avoidance
- Run Should-Cost Analysis for major categories
- Report on business changes and opportunities within business spend
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Possesses the ability to create and enhance reports using Microsoft Excel and/or Microsoft Access
- Strong communication skills to present and translate findings
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Experience in Microsoft tools (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word) for data manipulation and presentations
- Demonstrates success in working effectively, both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and prioritize items effectively
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Ability and desire to learn new processes, systems, and tools
- Possesses ability to reach-out and identify support resources across a wide range of company organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of related experience
- Experience working in a procurement department is preferred.
- Experience working with data bases, ERP systems, and spreadsheets.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel. Access is Preferred.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Efficient in problem solving and identifying work-arounds
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed