Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products, seeks a Forklift Operator to join our thriving Plant in Welcome, NC.
This position requires a candidate that is able to work in a fast-paced environment and is looking to learn and grow with our company. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Operate gas or electric forklift for majority of shift, moving pallets, racks and boxes about plant
- Remove strapping/and or stretch film on pallets as needed
- Deliver correct raw materials to production lines per work orders
- Build pallets for lines using wood, a pneumatic nail gun, and a circular saw. Requires measuring of pieces and cutting to specifications and nailing in place.
- Clean waste tubes from lines on a consistent basis, weigh waste and place in baler area
- Assist at baler area as needed
- Assist on production lines or in warehouse as needed
- Communicate with Supervisors, Leads and other Material Handlers via handheld radio and in person regarding production and warehouse needs
- Perform other duties assigned by management as required
- Prior safe forklift experience. Certified preferred but not required.
- Ability to operate a forklift to move pallets, products and waste about the plant in a safe manner
- Ability to read various measurement equipment including a tape measure, ability to operate various hand tools including a pneumatic nail gun and circular saw
- Ability to read and interpret work orders
- Must be self motivated and capable of working with minimum supervision
- Excellent attendance required
- Must be willing to work second shift
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Visually inspecting products, aisle ways and forklift
- Communicating with employees and management
- Sitting on lift for approximately 75% of the work day, remainder of time spent stooping, bending, lifting and moving about plant
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed