PAY RATE - $22.00 - $26.00 per hour based on experience.
Knowledgeable in the maintenance programs, repair/modify existing equipment/instrumentation, and install new equipment/instrumentation. Instrumentation Technician must possess the utmost level of integrity and be wholly accountable for their actions, completing all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must possess an uncompromised commitment to SAFETY; Adheres to all mill safety policies and attends safety training as scheduled; leads a safe and healthy workplace through personal example. All technicians must enforce strict housekeeping both in the various shops and on all job sites.
- Must be able to function in an environment of employee-based leadership and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Knowledgeable in working safe in a team environment.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and responsibility on every aspect of the job
- Responsible to complete his assigned work with minimal supervision.
- Responsible to keep the electrical shop supervisor apprised of progress regarding daily work and/or specific projects. Assist the Electrical Shop supervisors as necessary in the completion of require work in the mill. At times, he will be expected to act the lead technician on maintenance jobs and projects and may need to act as the Supervisor for the Electrical Shop.
- Provide own hand tools necessary to complete work commensurate with their experience level.
- Knowledgeable in National Electric Code Safety, OSHA electrical safety.
- Trained in Mill Electrical Safety Work Practices, electrical safety requirements and procedures, as well as Arc Flash safety equipment and procedures
- Knowledgeable in the use of hand tools (i.e. general tools, soldering gun, drills, saws, air-powered tools)
- Knowledgeable in the use of powered equipment (i.e. drill presses, band saws, conduit threaders).
- Knowledgeable in the use of measuring and test equipment:
- Perform measuring and testing (i.e. ammeters, voltmeters, transducer, calibration devices) to install equipment or to effectively carry out repairs.
- Repair or take out of service equipment in poor condition.
- Knowledgeable in mill preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Must be familiar with the various types of Mill Complex equipment/instrumentation by being able to discuss and understand the types and functions of equipment/instrumentation associated with the following:
- Stock preparation system;
- Cleaning system;
- Paper machine;
- Utility systems (air, water, steam, etc.);
- Rewinder and all front end equipment.
- Converting equipment/instrumentation (ream cutter, rotary cutter, paster, etc.)
- Must demonstrate satisfactory knowledge of the various types and functions of instrumentation based equipment (flow tubes, level transmitters, consistency transmitters, HMI controllers, etc.)
- Must be familiar with completing maintenance repairs on equipment/instrumentation:
- Troubleshoot potential and immediate problems; rebuild and effect repairs on equipment/instrumentation
- Knowledgeable in the use of the following to properly layout, modify, and install equipment/instrumentation:
- Using manufacturer’s information; blueprints and/or schematics, diagrams, etc.
- Knowledgeable in the mill preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Knowledgeable in developing electrical drawings for the Mill including schematics for new and existing equipment:
- Verify the accuracy of existing electrical drawings on all related systems and equipment; install electrical equipment/instrumentation; layout electrical / instrumentation systems; size electrical/instrumentation system power supply requirements and determine effective system protection; and calibrate and tune instrumentation systems.
- Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills to resolve process and equipment issues.
- Must be organized and able to proficiently multi-task.
- Willingness to work weekends and call-in rotations periodically for 24 hour/7-days per week operations.
- Must exhibit a high degree of initiative by demonstrating a desire to expand his knowledge of the mill; and, a desire to continue improving the quality and efficiency of his work.
- Must exhibit a high degree of ambition by demonstrating a desire to take on additional responsibilities; and, to achieve the next electrician’s level.
- Must exhibit the leadership qualities required to be an Electrician by Demonstrating a willingness to assist others within the shop.