Caraustar Industries, Inc., an industry leader in paperboard products, seeks 2nd & 3rd shift Feeders/Catchers to join our thriving team in Randleman, NC. This position requires a candidate that is able to work in a fast-paced environment and is looking to learn and grow with our company. We maintain a stellar reputation in the industry and are enjoying rapid growth. This is the right role to invest your talents as you will have ample opportunity to learn new skills and advance to new opportunities.
For this position, we offer:
- Full-time position with overtime based upon need
- Medical, prescription and dental benefits with employee contribution
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation time
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
Caraustar Industries, Inc. is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We aim to be a socially responsible corporation, and remain committed to environmentally sound practices while providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products. Caraustar serves the four principal recycled boxboard product end-use markets: tubes and cores; folding cartons; gypsum facing paper and specialty paperboard products. For more about us, please visit our website at www.caraustar.com.
The Feeder Catcher performs job duties within the Finishing Department. They are responsible for supporting the finishing department with quality of the folding operation to meet customer specifications and production schedule. Responsible for placing paper board cartons into feeding machines. Picking up paper board material and cartons from the end line, and placing cartons into boxes.
- Supply feed section of equipment with carton blanks enabling gluer to maintain a continuous run.
- Visually inspect cartons before packing into corrugated cases.
- Report any quality issues or equipment defects to the line operator.
- Perform quality checks as required.
- Apply labels to cases.
- Ensure accurate quantities are packed.
- Obtain corrugated supplies form the staging areas.
- Communicate required information to co-workers and manager.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Required skills and experience:
- Previous experience as an operator working with high speed equipmentturing or, working in manufacturing.
- Good counting skills.
- Must be able to read and review all paper instructions and labeling requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment.
- Flexibilility to work 7PM-7AM Rotating Shift
- Required to transfer up to 45 pound cases to pallets frequently.
- Regurlarly required to stand and move about within the work areas.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed