Grow with Caraustar
If you ask our associates what they like most about Caraustar, you’ll hear a consistent answer: the people. That’s no surprise. At Caraustar, our people drive our success. And with more than 4,000 associates in locations across the U.S., we need a vast range of talent and skillsets to grow and thrive. That’s where you come in! We invite you to explore available opportunities at Caraustar. Follow the Star!
Established in 1938, Caraustar is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We focus on providing our customers exceptional service and value through environmentally sound, innovative products and services. We take pride in being an industry leader through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
Our Common Purpose
There's a reason so many choose to grow their career at Caraustar. No matter who you are or what your role, the work you do affects the global environment – from customer service experts working one-on-one to enhance the customer experience to manufacturing professionals who turn refuse into renewable resources. At Caraustar, we are more than a workplace; we are a community with a common purpose.
Our Star Business System
Innovation runs through the veins of our organization – from green design and materials to capital investment and technology. Our Star Business System provides a disciplined framework for our work by maximizing each employee’s potential while teaching world-class business and management skills.
This position is for a third shift Production Worker. Third shift runs 9:30pm to 7:30am. Must have availability to come in early as needed.
- Transfer paper cores/tubes from assembly line to carts/pallets.
- Visually inspect paper cores/tubes before packaging.
- Report any quality issues or equipment defects to the line operator.
- Perform quality checks as required.
- Apply labels to paper cores/tubes.
- Ensure accurate quantities are packed.
- Communicate required information to co-workers and manager.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Required skills and experience:
- Previous experience working with high speed equipment or, working in manufacturing.
- Good counting skills, using decimals and fractions with calculator.
- Must be able to read and review all work order requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment.
- Required to transfer up to 45 pound paper cores/tubes to pallets frequently.
- Regularly required to stand and move about within the work areas.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed