Job Description: CoOp internship - Paper Science and Engineering/Chemical Engineering student at Caraustar’s CRB Mill Group
Job Location: Caraustar’s Tama Iowa Paperboard Mill
Time Slots: Spring semester 2019
Positions Available: Chemical Engineering position reporting to the Technical Manager
Student will spend the internship working & learning in our Coated Recycled Paperboard facility. The program will require students to work in a full-time hourly position for 8hrs/day, M-F (40hrs/wk). Student will be paired with the Technical Manager, which will provide guidance & mentorship throughout the semester. During the semester, student’s duties will include project work to include the following:
- Safety Management: The critical nature of promoting and ensuring a safe work environment and safe work practices for and by all associates in the mill
- Production: an in-depth overview of CRB production; working directly with production crews & equipment, conducting routine lab work to document operations and improvement efforts
- Quality Control: understanding the fundamentals of testing equipment, QC results and reporting & the quality variables and attributes of finished products
- Maintenance: facility maintenance requirements; preventative maintenance & daily upkeep of equipment
Abilities/Skills: Strong laboratory, written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills required; students must display a high level of professionalism & safety awareness.
Employer Expectations: Demonstrates acceptance of responsibility; shows pride in work performed; demonstrates flexibility in acceptance of assignments and schedules; maintains professional behavior and appearance; exhibits dependability.
Career Opportunities: Students that display a high level of engagement/comprehension may be offered a salaried administrative position post-graduation. Positions could include, but not limited to, facility & production level management.
- Sophomore or higher level in Paper Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Prior experience preferred, but not required.
- GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (required)
- Self-motivated and ability to work well in team environments.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed