Improve the productivity and work quality of the Maintenance Department by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, scheduling and coordination of manpower, parts and materials, and equipment access. Improve reliability through precision maintenance practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates, arranges and supervises the completion of corrective and preventive and predictive maintenance (PM,PdM) in accordance with company safety procedures and integrates these PMs into the daily plans of the plant.
- Understand the ideals of precision maintenance, precision assembly. Will need to coach this practice to all reports to eliminate infant mortality in our repairs.
- Organizes, determines, leads, and coordinates projects from initiation to completion, including scheduling.
- Assures that major equipment and furnishings are maintained in a safe, operable condition. Arranges replacement components or notifies management of the need to replace.
- Works with all departments to schedule projects and/or develop project scope.
- Coordinates all PM/TPM activities with plant supervisors.
- Evaluates long-term needs in relation to major projects and property improvements, and makes recommendations to Management.
- Develops, implements, reviews, updates and improves equipment records in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), including: entering work orders; entering existing and new equipment; organizing the hierarchy of the equipment; update equipment change outs; closing completed work orders; entering safety documents and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) that will be linked to the work orders; create and maintain maintenance spare parts inventory.
- Establishes procedures and policies for spare part control to ensure availability to critical spares to support operational efficiency, while being sensitive to working capital considerations.
- Arranges or provides training for personnel as it relates to the safety and maintenance needs of the facilities.
- Adheres to all safety policies. Participates in complex-wide safety, housekeeping, and continuous improvement programs (Operational Excellence, Lean Manufacturing, etc.).
- Ensures that high standards of safety are developed, communicated and met within the department. Create an atmosphere of personal accountability.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures related to maintenance and safety.
- Participates in annual budget preparation as it relates to safety and maintenance of facilities, grounds and equipment and capital projects.
- Completes other assignments as deemed appropriate.