Grow with Caraustar
If you ask our associates what they like most about Caraustar, you’ll hear a consistent answer: the people. That’s no surprise. At Caraustar, our people drive our success. And with more than 4,000 associates in locations across the U.S., we need a vast range of talent and skillsets to grow and thrive. That’s where you come in! We invite you to explore available opportunities at Caraustar. Follow the Star!
Established in 1938, Caraustar is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We focus on providing our customers exceptional service and value through environmentally sound, innovative products and services. We take pride in being an industry leader through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
Our Common Purpose
There's a reason so many choose to grow their career at Caraustar. No matter who you are or what your role, the work you do affects the global environment – from customer service experts working one-on-one to enhance the customer experience to manufacturing professionals who turn refuse into renewable resources. At Caraustar, we are more than a workplace; we are a community with a common purpose.
Our Star Business System
Innovation runs through the veins of our organization – from green design and materials to capital investment and technology. Our Star Business System provides a disciplined framework for our work by maximizing each employee’s potential while teaching world-class business and management skills.
The Production Superintendent is responsible for establishing a safe work environment, ensuring an efficient production of quality paperboard at lowest cost, and driving continuous improvement utilizing Caraustar’s Operational Excellence (Opex) system to manage the day to day operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a leader of the safety process for the production group; drive the mill safety culture towards an incident free workplace.
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Ensures that subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Support Caraustar’s Opex system and drive the continuous improvement effort of the mill.
- Ensure the timely completion of the production schedule while meeting or exceeding target productivity and cost metrics.
- Plan and execute routine shutdowns required to maintain an efficient operation.
- Lead and coach a team of shift supervisors and hourly employees to develop safe and efficient work practices.
- Assures paperboard quality and customer packaging specifications meet and supersede customer expectations at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college desired with minimum 2 years of paper mill leadership experience OR a minimum 5 years of paper mill leadership experience.
- Experience in utilizing continuous improvement techniques in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be able to resolve conflict in a proficient and timely manner.
- Experience in a paper mill operation, preferred.
- Good time management skills a must.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Experience working in a union environment a plus.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed