Grow with Caraustar
If you ask our associates what they like most about Caraustar, you’ll hear a consistent answer: the people. That’s no surprise. At Caraustar, our people drive our success. And with more than 4,000 associates in locations across the U.S., we need a vast range of talent and skillsets to grow and thrive. That’s where you come in! We invite you to explore available opportunities at Caraustar. Follow the Star!
Established in 1938, Caraustar is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We focus on providing our customers exceptional service and value through environmentally sound, innovative products and services. We take pride in being an industry leader through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
Our Common Purpose
There's a reason so many choose to grow their career at Caraustar. No matter who you are or what your role, the work you do affects the global environment – from customer service experts working one-on-one to enhance the customer experience to manufacturing professionals who turn refuse into renewable resources. At Caraustar, we are more than a workplace; we are a community with a common purpose.
Our Star Business System
Innovation runs through the veins of our organization – from green design and materials to capital investment and technology. Our Star Business System provides a disciplined framework for our work by maximizing each employee’s potential while teaching world-class business and management skills.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., an industry leader in paperboard products, seeks a Gluer Operator to join our thriving team in Randleman, NC. This position requires a candidate that is able to work in a fast-paced environment and is looking to learn and grow with our company. We maintain a stellar reputation in the industry and are enjoying rapid growth. This is the right role to invest your talents as you will have ample opportunity to learn new skills and advance to new opportunities. To the Gluer Operator, we offer:
- Full-time position with overtime based upon need
- Medical, prescription and dental benefits with employee contribution
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation time
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Establish make-ready on machine, based on carton style and customer requirements.
- Verify label accuracy prior to startup after make-ready.
- Setup and run scanning equipment.
- Perform quality checks and documentation.
- Complete daily production reports.
- Obtain work-in-process loads, based on machine usage.
- Review design changes with Supervisor, Die Room and Designer.
- Communicate required information to co-workers and manager.
- Assist with setup of corrugated cases, cut pads, and make labels and set-up tapers when needed.
- Wash and fill glue pots.
- Perform regular and preventive maintenance.
- Participate in daily production meetings and weekly pre-production meetings when required.
- Relieve crew members for breaks.
- Follow safety rules and regulations.
- Follow department and company policies and procedures.
- Report all food safety and quality problems to the Department Manager or Quality Team. May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Experience running Bobst Domino 90 or 110 preferred, but other BOBST operator experience a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to work off-shift hours/days with flexible schedules
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and any required overtime.
- Previous experience working with a die cutter.
- Basic mechanical skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to use basic measurement tools.
- Ability to track production and complete required paperwork.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed