Grow with Caraustar
If you ask our associates what they like most about Caraustar, you’ll hear a consistent answer: the people. That’s no surprise. At Caraustar, our people drive our success. And with more than 4,000 associates in locations across the U.S., we need a vast range of talent and skillsets to grow and thrive. That’s where you come in! We invite you to explore available opportunities at Caraustar. Follow the Star!
Established in 1938, Caraustar is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We focus on providing our customers exceptional service and value through environmentally sound, innovative products and services. We take pride in being an industry leader through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
Our Common Purpose
There's a reason so many choose to grow their career at Caraustar. No matter who you are or what your role, the work you do affects the global environment – from customer service experts working one-on-one to enhance the customer experience to manufacturing professionals who turn refuse into renewable resources. At Caraustar, we are more than a workplace; we are a community with a common purpose.
Our Star Business System
Innovation runs through the veins of our organization – from green design and materials to capital investment and technology. Our Star Business System provides a disciplined framework for our work by maximizing each employee’s potential while teaching world-class business and management skills.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products, seeks an experienced BHS/Zerand Flexo Printer Cutting Operator to join our thriving Folding Carton Team in Commerce, CA from 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM, Monday - Friday.
Position Summary: Responsible for the overall quality of printing jobs as assigned in addition to preventative care and maintenance to assigned equipment. Responsible for providing additional training to all crew members.
- Responsible for the overall quality of all printing jobs.
- Serves as Lead man to printing crew.
- Supervises entire crew including covering break times amongst crew.
- Provides guidance and training to 2nd Pressman and printing feeder positions.
- Ensures all printing work instructions with regard to tolerances are being followed.
- Review job jackets for job specifics including color specs, sub-straights and quality alerts.
- Complete daily checklist.
- Complete production reports and hourly management reports.
- Able to monitor or adjust color control.
- Understanding of quality manual and work instructions for printing operations.
- Reports all food safety and quality problems to the Department Manager or Quality Team.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Experience as a Printing Operator with Flexo Printing and Flat Bed Die Cutting.
- Experience in performing preventative maintenance with mechanical and electrical troubleshooting ability.
- Must be able to read and review all paper instructions and labeling requirements.
- Ability to read basic measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers and tape measures.
- Knowledge of coating and inks.
- Strong leadership and the ability to take initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to provide hands on training
- Ability to obtain a valid tow motor license and pass tow motor exam.
- Ability to pass Isochromatic color vision test yearly.
- Lifting from floor to waist up to 35 lbs. frequently, able to bend, squat, step up steps to press platform
- Pushing/pulling using manual pallet jack to move pallets (Av. 1000lbs, 55” high) of paperboard
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed