Grow with Caraustar
If you ask our associates what they like most about Caraustar, you’ll hear a consistent answer: the people. That’s no surprise. At Caraustar, our people drive our success. And with more than 4,000 associates in locations across the U.S., we need a vast range of talent and skillsets to grow and thrive. That’s where you come in! We invite you to explore available opportunities at Caraustar. Follow the Star!
Established in 1938, Caraustar is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We focus on providing our customers exceptional service and value through environmentally sound, innovative products and services. We take pride in being an industry leader through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
Our Common Purpose
There's a reason so many choose to grow their career at Caraustar. No matter who you are or what your role, the work you do affects the global environment – from customer service experts working one-on-one to enhance the customer experience to manufacturing professionals who turn refuse into renewable resources. At Caraustar, we are more than a workplace; we are a community with a common purpose.
Our Star Business System
Innovation runs through the veins of our organization – from green design and materials to capital investment and technology. Our Star Business System provides a disciplined framework for our work by maximizing each employee’s potential while teaching world-class business and management skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows all safety rules and regulations. Attends daily Safety Meetings. Completes monthly Safety participation requirements.
- Performs all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Plans and establishes daily production schedules in accordance with customer requirements.
- Print work orders daily that match the production schedule for each product, quantity and machine.
- Each day maintain production schedule 72-96 hours in advance.
- Monitors and records daily production reports and adjusts schedule as necessary. Inform Customer Service of any issues or changes with the schedule.
- Verify raw materials are available before scheduling orders. Inform Purchasing of low material inventories.
- Data entry of key metrics including but not limited to; productivity, labor hours, etc.
- Records Finished Goods inventories daily and at month end.
- Focus on schedule and machine efficiency.
- Will train as back up to purchasing position.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- College Graduate preferred
- High School Diploma required with at least 1- 4 years’ experience in related field.
- Knowledge of standard practices, concepts and procedures is desired.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software programs, especially Excel worksheets.
- Critical thinking skills and accuracy are necessary to perform essential job functions.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed