Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Oversees the shipping/handling/packaging operations. Manages the shipping and customer delivery activities from the shipping department, directing company-employed over-the-road truck drivers and drawing on outside trucks, trailers and transportation services as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures. Ensures that Subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Supervises and develops employees by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training.
- Communicate job expectations for employees; planning, monitoring, appraising, coaching, disciplining, and ensuring employees are following policies and procedures.
- Spot-checks loading patterns of finished goods for neat stacking, banding and undamaged product.
- Communicates with production planning team to plan deliveries. Develops driver schedule accordingly, drawing on outside trucks and drivers as needed.
- Supervises forklift truck deliveries of finished goods from assembly line or warehouse area; arranges for forklift truck repairs by forklift mechanic.
- Approves overtime for drivers and shipping support personnel.
- During slack periods, assigns forklift operators and loaders to other duties.
- Directs individual drivers to report for DOT requirements related to Medical Certification renewal, DOT random substance abuse screening test, and MVR when advised by human resources department.
- Oversees work of employee who prepares bills of lading for shipment to customers, obtaining optimum freight rates, handling of less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments, etc.
- Checks count of returned products from customers and advises quality control department of returned goods.
- Ensures a safe and healthy workplace environment.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- High School Diploma or comparable education and at least 3-5 years’ experience in related industry.
- Experience in supervising hourly personnel; ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with staff and line department heads.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers.
- Knowledge of truck freight rates.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be a problem solver.
- Ability to multi-task in a time efficient manner.
- Demonstrated experience in inventory management and management of DOT regulated Class A drivers.
- Knowledge of DOT Hours of Service Regulations is a plus and experience with “OnBoard” computer systems would be beneficial.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed