Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products, seeks General Laborers to join our thriving Tube Plant in Toledo, Ohio. This position requires a candidate that is able to work in a fast-paced environment and is looking to learn and grow with our company. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Duties and Responsibilities of General Laborer:
- Review and follow directions on job jacket per job run.
- Supply feed section of equipment through Production Support with carton blanks enabling winder to maintain a continuous run
- Visually inspect product for quality.
- Report any quality issues or equipment defects to the line operator.
- Perform quality checks as required.
- Review palletizing specifications from job jackets and follow directions.
- Apply labels to cases / pallets.
- Ensure accurate quantities are packed.
- Obtain corrugated supplies / packaging materials form the staging areas.
- Communicate required information to co-workers and manager.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- Follow department and company policies and procedures.
- Report all safety and quality problems to the Operator, Department Lead, Manager or Quality Team.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Show up for work ON TIME every day. Stay for overtime as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Production work experience preferred
- FAST Learner that is extremely Detail-Oriented
- Problem Solvers Looking to build and grow into the role
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed