Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Provide technical support and training to a production department. Drive continuous improvement in the performance of all aspects of the operation – safety, quality assurance and customer service, productivity, operating efficiencies and cost containment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Mill Safety Program completely. They must be fully involved in the safety culture and help drive the team towards an incident free workplace.
- Needs to be highly motivated and energetic providing leadership, technical support and training to guide changes to plant process and procedures in order to reduce process variability, improve product performance in customer plants, reduce manufacturing costs and improve operating efficiency.
- Support the mill's journey of continuous improvement. They must be able to learn, understand, and teach the Lean tools being utilized.
- Maintain specified equipment records. Purchase specified operating supplies.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement process by which projects and activities are identified, defined, developed and prioritized. Responsibilities include facilitating meetings, evaluating recommendations, planning and facilitating the implementation of changes, tracking activities and reporting progress.
- Participate in downtime maintenance and readiness planning and project management activities.
- Performs all required duties and tasks in accordance with Company accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Develop and maintain materials and processes related to stock preparation, including refining, wet end, sheet pressing and drying.
- Train production employees in analytical problem solving and decision making techniques if applicable.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing procedures and related tools to meet the requirements of an evolving workflow process.
- Minimum Technical Background Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or related technical field with 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing, industrial or process engineering, product or technology development. Pulp and Paper degree and/or background is a plus.
- Process improvement knowledge in a manufacturing environment such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc., to drive operational excellence system is a plus.
- Statistical Process Control knowledge is desired.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and meet/supersede stated objectives.
- Proficiency in Parcview is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office a must.
- Proficiency in data analysis a must.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively both written and verbal.
- Excellent team leadership abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to practice time management skills.
- Ability to adhere to healthy safety practices.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed