Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Run the plant scale, process tickets, customer service, dispatch and provide administrative and office support to assigned managers and to others as requested.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Provides a wide variety of administrative duties such as scale operations, data entry, cash management, dispatch, and customer service.
- Provides general administrative assistance for special projects as requested.
- Provide customer service to both vendors and customers.
- Work effectively in a fast paced, growing environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Work well within a team environment.
- Must be able to work overtime and on the weekends (Saturday).
- Ensures a safe and healthy workplace.
- OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Performs other clerical duties as assigned.
- Correspondence with customers and vendors via phone and email.
- Prepare daily stats and data entry.
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least 5 + years’ experience or a minimum of an Associate’s degree in a related field of study desired.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Programs Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be patient and maintain professionalism required.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Great Attendance and punctual.
- Bi-lingual a plus (Spanish).
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed