Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
Comprehensive benefit package
The Production Shift Leader supervises multiple operating units responsible for converting raw materials into finished product in a safe, sanitary, cost-effective, and efficient manner that meets company quality standards.
- Adheres to production schedules, assigning staff to ensure that production quotas are met for finished goods inventories. Minimizes waste and cost and ensures conformance to safety and quality standards.
- Mentors and motivates associates, providing training and development to optimize their performance and personal growth.
- Communicates performance standards to associates, recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments and counseling performance problems.
- Directs requisitions for maintenance and repair of production equipment, and for machine parts and manufacturing supplies. Recommends improvements in machinery and equipment and in manufacturing methods.
- Ensures Company standard practices and procedures are followed.
- Maintains and reports production-related information regarding yields, efficiencies and labor utilization to management.
- Ensures that all OSHA and company safety standards are in compliance.
- Identifies the temporary staffing needs of unit for the following day or week, and arrange for the presence and assignment of temporary or regular labor to the unit prior to line start-up.
- Follows up on work orders, with the appropriate Associates to ensure expeditious performance of the requested work.
- Keeps abreast of latest manufacturing technologies and systems.
- Performs other related responsibilities, as needed, to support Riviera Beach Tube Plant’s business objectives.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain Operations, Food Science, Engineering or related field preferred.
- 3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing organization, preferably using computerized manufacturing equipment
- Demonstrated understanding of production scheduling and other production variables such as run-rates, processing times, change-over times, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations to include product and associate safety, OSHA standards, product quality (success rates), Lean Manufacturing principles, throughput delivery and cost control (minimizing downtime and waste, optimizing yield)
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train associates as well as plan, monitor and schedule work
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated mechanical and spatial aptitude, including the ability to disassemble and reassemble equipment
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and understand complex mathematical equations
- Proficient using Excel and other computer systems to effectively make fact based decisions
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed