Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products, seeks Maintenance Mechanic to join our thriving Tube Plant in Riviera Beach, FL. This position requires a candidate that is able to work in a fast-paced environment and is looking to learn and grow with our company. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure safe and correct operation of manufacturing equipment and support equipment including but not limited to paper roll festoons, paper core/tube winders, saw and blade cutters, re-cutters, glue systems, air system, conveyors, strapping machines, LPG and electric forklifts, and other hydraulic and electric equipment.
- Implement Asset Strategies that include Predictive and Preventative Maintenance, Operator Basic Care practices and a Housekeeping strategies to optimize equipment availability, uptime, product quality and run rates while minimizing waste.
- Prioritize the maintenance backlog, plan maintenance jobs, and schedule maintenance work and PM/PdM inspections to maximize availability and minimize downtime.
- Perform Mechanical, Electrical, and PLC troubleshooting activities.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities, capital expenditure projects, and system upgrades.
- Source parts as needed and maintain critical parts inventory to ensure reliability and uptime.
- Fabricate items using machine shop tools and equipment.
- Prepare and maintain maintenance work orders, reports, and inspection documentation.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing maximum uptime and reliability.
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced understanding of hydraulics, electrical including 480v and low voltage, and mechanics.
- Excellent root cause problem solving, trouble shooting, communication, and documentation skills
- Basic computer and excel capability
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Team player and able to work with minimal supervision
- Welding certification required
- Electricians certification required
- Other advanced technical certifications preferred
- High School diploma or GED
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed