Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
The focus of the Production Scheduler is the planning and scheduling of materials through the production process in order to ensure timely delivery to customers and maximize plant productivity. This role works closely with customer service, logistics, purchasing, plant leadership and other stakeholders to accomplish high customer satisfaction while minimizing costs. The incumbent is accountable for full ownership of the machine schedules and to constantly seek opportunities to improve efficiency, customer satisfaction and asset utilization.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by effectively scheduling production to meet on-time delivery and adapting schedules to meet challenges. Partner with customer service and commercial teams to provide solutions that drive customer satisfaction.
- Effectively manage the master schedule to ensure orders are sequenced to meet on-time delivery. Minimize impact from schedule deviations. Continually monitor schedule adherence and execution.
- Arranging and planning Customer approvals, including accurate press times and coordinating with on-site visitors.
- Generate daily, weekly, and monthly scheduling related reporting requirements to measure performance to plan. Report machine backlogs and production planning key metrics. Escalates any concerns regarding production status or delivery.
- Coordinates schedules with board procurement, production managers, plant management and maintenance.
- Monitors materials inventories, tracks progress of production and reviews factors that affect schedules. May order materials.
- Plans maintenance schedules into production plans.
- Proactively monitors potential conflicts and rectifies bottleneck areas that may cause delays.
- Arranges for any tool production runs, repairs or any engineering changes.
- Continuously looks for innovative ways to improve processes, increase customer satisfaction and increase productivity.
- Reviews contract requirements as summarized on sales order, determines and orders materials required and schedules the work required so that the program will be completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field preferred. High school diploma required
- 5-10 years of experience with scheduling, logistics, inventory management or process manufacturing required preferably within carton industry.
- Must be organized and detail oriented. Process improvement experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication capabilities.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software programs such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Accuracy is necessary to perform essential job functions.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed