Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Oversees all operations of a consumer packaging facility in Chicago, Illinois.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages activities to ensure that business goals are achieved in areas such as Safety, Customer Service, and Production Output.
- Supports and leads all elements of OPEX activities including Performance Management and Leader Standard Work.
- Accountable for Profit and Loss statement and other financial control procedures.
- Ensures that subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Ensures facility operates safely in accordance with OSHA, and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures Quality meets customer expectations and productivity levels remain high.
- Develops short and longer term capital improvement strategy. Assures capital is allocated effectively.
- Supports the sales team, including customer feedback and visits.
- Ensures equipment and technology meet customer needs.
- Leads communication efforts.
- Communicates vision, coaches and develops talent.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field
- 5-10 years’ experience in Production Management required.
- Management experience within Folding Carton industry preferred.
- Must have prior knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to make presentations to various levels of the organization.
- Ability to strategically plan and make good judgments.
- Ability to resolve conflict in an efficient and timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed