Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Supervises all shift employees and complies with all safety, quality, production and housekeeping standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures. Ensures that Subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Ensures operation is well staffed and schedules overtime and time off.
- Inspects kronos and verifies that employees time reporting is accurate.
- Trains staff on the proper way to do tasks.
- Enforces company rules and organizational policies consistently and without exception.
- Advises superintendents of any problems on shift.
- Train employees in safety and safe work habits.
- Monitors quality control checks as they are made; notes any trends and takes necessary action to keep the board within specifications.
- Ensures maximum production at the lowest cost.
- Resolves employee problems and complaints in a timely and consistent basis.
- Supports the Mill Safety Program completely including enforcing policies involving safety, recording of accidents and near misses, reporting unsafe conditions in the Mill, reprimanding employees for unsafe work habits and participating in the Mill Housekeeping Program.
- Performs duties on designated shift(s).
- Supports all elements of OPEX activities to include, but not limited to Performance Management, Leader Standard Work, Operator Basic Care, 5’s, Maintenance Reliability and Root Cause Problem Solving.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- High School diploma, G.E.D. or skilled trade certification in area of specialty and at least 3-5 years’ Industrial Plant experience.
- Paper and Pulp Industry experience is desired.
- Statistical Process Control knowledge is desired.
- Requires overall general knowledge of various equipment in different departments and plant processes.
- Ability to effectively manage people; excellent communication skills a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office a must.
- Proficiency in data analysis a must.
- Ability to proficiently work under intense deadlines.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed