PAY RATE - $21.05 PER HOUR
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to all mill safety policies. Participates in mill-wide safety, housekeeping and all continuous improvement programs (Operational Excellence, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, etc.).
- Basic understanding and use of shop practices, using hand tools: saws, hydraulic jacks, gear pullers, punches, nibblers, notchers, pipe benders, etc.; using power tools: drills, drill press, band-saws, hydraulic presses, threaders; measuring and/or test instruments: Inside/outside micrometers, pi tapes, dial indicators, atmospheric sniffers, etc.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical maintenance programs, practices, procedures and equipment troubleshooting and repairs on most types of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Basic understanding of lubrication methods and systems.
- Basic understanding of pipe fitting, threading.
- Basic understanding of welding, and soldering.
- Familiar with storage inventories and reports to department supervisor for assisting in maintaining storage inventories of materials and supplies needed for routine maintenance operations: steel, pump components, shafts, bearings, seals, sleeves, gear sets, fasteners, pipe fittings, etc.
- Assists in mill housekeeping efforts
- Must be a qualified forklift operator; be able to conduct an equipment inspection of lift truck, and operate all mill vehicles in an approved and safe manner.
Responsible for basic knowledge of equipment machinery, electric, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, lubrication, pipe fitting, threading, welding, soldering, and simple repairs with minimal assistance of supervision.