Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
The Sales Associate would focus on portfolio development by maintain and growing existing accounts and acquiring new accounts through phone and email contact.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle customer accounts, with a focus on small to medium-sized customers that predominately purchase converted paperboard products.
- Utilize creative strategies to develop relationships to grow portfolio.
- Follow-up on new leads and referrals.
- Prospect new volume opportunities
- Prepare documentation to activate new accounts as well as maintain customer relationships.
- Develop and maintain current product knowledge.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Ability to manage all aspects (entry and tracking) of customer’s orders
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals and expectations.
- This position requires the ability to relocate in 2+ years in the future.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Work safely and actively demonstrates support of the company’s safety initiatives.
- Report to work on regular, consistent basis.
- Ability for limited travel
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1 to 5 years prior work experience in a professional setting preferred.
- Highly effective communication skills – oral, written, and team settings.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Technical aptitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective and existing customers and internal staff.
- Solid work ethic.
- Able to effectively and consistently demonstrate time management skills.
- Ability to adhere to healthy safety practices.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed