Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Responsible for the daily supervision and assignment of work to maintenance crafts personnel to assure the safety, reliability and maintenance of equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies, financial control procedures and standards of conduct. Ensures that Subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Supervises the maintenance functions and personnel for the facility.
- Prepares work schedules and leads crew meetings including sharing safety topic for the day and assigning work.
- Participate with the safety committee to promote a safe work environment.
- Ensures that facilities property and plant are maintained in accordance with relevant regulations, agency standards and fiscal consideration.
- Develops, implements and regularly reviews site-specific maintenance performance board.
- Coordinates, arranges and supervises or provides for the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance in accordance with operating procedures, practices and financial considerations.
- Works with department managers and assures that major equipment and furnishings are maintained in a safe, operable condition and/or arrange for replacement.
- Develops, implements and reviews equipment records.
- Establishes procedures and job plans with contacts to ensure timely repairs of equipment.
- Secures major equipment bids and makes recommendations for purchase when replacement or new equipment is required.
- Provides training on a variety of safety and maintenance topics including the effective utilization of the maintenance logs, completion of routine maintenance specific to the facility, equipment operations.
- Ensures that high standards of safety are developed, met and maintained at the facility; ensuring a safe and healthy workplace environment.
- Reports to work on a regular, consistent basis during the hours required.
- Works safely on a regular, consistent basis.
- Assists Maintenance Manager in implementation and executing Caraustar OPEX playbooks emphasizing organization, cleanliness of areas, and all maintenance reliability functions resulting in improved machine runnability.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures related to maintenance and safety.
- Attends and participates in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
- Work weekend call schedules and planned and unplanned outages defined by supervision.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required and/or 4-6 years’ experience in multi-craft supervision, in an industrial environment. Experience in estimating maintenance and repair costs a plus.
- Working Knowledge of applicable safety laws and common practices in manufacturing maintenance.
- Considerable tact and human relations skills in interacting with all levels of management and facility employees a must.
- Superior problem-solving skills required.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel, and CMMS.
- Ability to proficiently multi-task essential.
- Ability to exercise good judgment a must.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed