Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
An Electrical Engineer to manage electrical and instrumentation projects who also supports maintenance functions, ensuring cost effective support to maximize efficient mill operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures. Follows the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Participates with other key leaders to ensure effective mill wide safety and housekeeping programs include enforcement of appropriate rules and regulations.
- Communicates effectively with production, maintenance, and administrative staff to ensure a good understanding of mill goals and priority projects.
- Provides engineering services for new installations or revision of existing equipment and systems. Arranges for outside engineering support as needed.
- Supervises maintenance of engineering files to ensure that mill blueprints, CAD drawings, instruction books, parts catalogs and other useful information are retained in an orderly and easily accessible manner.
- Identifies and analyzes potential problems, equipment failures and negative trends in equipment performance making appropriate recommendations and/or providing corrective actions as necessary.
- Maintains an adequate Capital Request and Approval recordkeeping system.
- Provides mill contract services that result in maximum equipment performance reliability at minimum repair and supply cost.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or higher with at least one (1) or more years in an Electrical Engineering Field.
- Should be capable of developing projects as defined in a scope of work, including design, estimating, construction, and startup.
- Familiarity with utilizing programs such as CAD and Microsoft Project would be a plus.
- Microsoft Office experience is required.
- Must be organized and able to proficiently multi-task.
- Ability to be promoted to Plant Engineer would be a plus.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed