Grow with Caraustar
If you ask our associates what they like most about Caraustar, you’ll hear a consistent answer: the people. That’s no surprise. At Caraustar, our people drive our success. And with more than 4,000 associates in locations across the U.S., we need a vast range of talent and skillsets to grow and thrive. That’s where you come in! We invite you to explore available opportunities at Caraustar. Follow the Star!
Established in 1938, Caraustar is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We focus on providing our customers exceptional service and value through environmentally sound, innovative products and services. We take pride in being an industry leader through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
Our Common Purpose
There's a reason so many choose to grow their career at Caraustar. No matter who you are or what your role, the work you do affects the global environment – from customer service experts working one-on-one to enhance the customer experience to manufacturing professionals who turn refuse into renewable resources. At Caraustar, we are more than a workplace; we are a community with a common purpose.
Our Star Business System
Innovation runs through the veins of our organization – from green design and materials to capital investment and technology. Our Star Business System provides a disciplined framework for our work by maximizing each employee’s potential while teaching world-class business and management skills.
Manages Capital Budget and projects as well as supports maintenance and production functions, ensuring cost effective support to maximize efficient mill operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures. Ensures that Subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Oversees the mill’s Capital Budget and projects.
- Oversees effective department safety and housekeeping programs with direct responsibility for lockout and hot work programs. Participates with other key leaders to ensure effective mill wide safety and house keeping programs include enforcement of appropriate rules and regulations.
- Ensures that Engineering positions are staffed with qualified staff members.
- Coaches staff on job performance and arranges for or may conduct technical training programs to provide a high level of competence among engineering/maintenance staff.
- Communicates effectively with engineering and maintenance staff to ensure a good understanding of mill goals and priority projects.
- Provides engineering services for new installations or revision of existing equipment and systems. Arranges for outside engineering support as needed.
- Supervises maintenance of engineering files to ensure that mill blueprints, CAD drawings, instruction books, parts catalogs and other useful information are retained in an orderly and easily accessible manner.
- Identifies and analyzes potential problems, equipment failures and negative trends in equipment performance making appropriate recommendations and/or providing corrective actions as necessary.
- Coordinating all on-the-run, scheduled shutdown maintenance and capital job work both mechanical and electrical. Arranges for contractor staff to supplement mill resources as needed.
- Maintains an adequate Capital Request and Approval recordkeeping system.
- Provides mill contract services that result in maximum equipment performance reliability at minimum repair and supply cost.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with at least 2 years’ experience as a Project, Plant or Maintenance Engineer in the Pulp and Paper industry.
- Must have knowledge in process piping systems, process control systems, electrical power and structural engineering.
- Should be capable of estimating and managing projects.
- Familiarity with utilizing programs such as CAD would be a plus.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills to resolve process and equipment issues.
- Must be organized and able to proficiently multi-task.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed