This Warehouse Associate must have Forklift Operator experience. Responsible for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack, count and sort various grades of raw material. This position requires being accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and other power industrial equipment as necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Checking vehicle and trailer to ensure the mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Safely load, unload, move, stack, and stage sorted raw materials using a forklift, or other power industrial equipment as necessary.
- Be physically able to assist with unloading tractor trailers and move pallets as necessary.
- Requires repeatedly bending, twisting, turning, mounting and dismounting forklift and other power industrial equipment throughout workday.
- Dump/save boxes as necessary.
- Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put-away, and loading functions, as required.
- Maintain the facility's equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment as necessary.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions. Make sure that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned and secured. Sit-down position for the Forklift Operator.
- Maintain daily worksheet.
- Report vehicle defects, incidents, traffic violations, or damage to vehicles.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Maintain up-to-date forklift operating license as deemed necessary.
- Working location and hours flexibility; working hours 40 hours+ as necessary
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Have exceptional judgment, ability, initiative, and aptitude in the carrying out of assignments with minimum direct supervision.