Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products, seeks General Workers to join our thriving Tube Plant in Johnsonville, SC. This position requires a candidate that is able to work in a fast-paced environment and is looking to learn and grow with our company. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Duties and Responsibilities of the General Workers will include:
- Completes set- ups according to work orders.
- Checks quality during the run.
- Runs the machine at the speed the supervisor has specified.
- Inspect finished goods for proper gluing/cutting/adjusting.
- Stops the machine if any mechanical malfunction occurs.
- Accurately counts the quantity on each pallet.
- Keeps the machine and surrounding area clean.
Verifies production matches customer work orders.
- Complete daily production report and hourly management reports.
- Set up and run UPC and glue detection scanners.
- Complies with safety rules and personal protective equipment policies.
- All other duties as assigned according to the type of Machine being ran
- Prior General Worker or Machine Operator experience in a Manufacturing Environment preferred.
- Ability to read basic measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers and tape measures.
- Strong leadership and the ability to take initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to provide hands-on training.
- Lifting from floor to waist up to 35 lbs. frequently, able to bend, squat, step up steps to press platform.
- Pushing/pulling using manual pallet jack to move pallets (Av. 1000lbs, 55” high) of paperboard.
- Manufacturing environment; NOT heated and cooled.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed