Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We are now seeking to hire experienced WELDERS in Baltimore, Ohio. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Duties and Responsibilities of the Welder will include:
- 3-5 years of Industrial/Manufacturing welding experience
- Pass drug test and background check
- Must be able to read/interpret drawings/blue prints
- Must have own welding equipment
- Must be team player and have great attitude; Manufacturing Environment
- Must follow all safety procedures and adhere to procedures of a Union environment
- Prior Experience as a Welder with Machine Operator experience in a Manufacturing Environment is highly desirable.
- Ability to read basic measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers and tape measures.
- Strong leadership and the ability to take initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to provide hands-on training.
- Lifting from floor to waist up to 35 lbs. frequently, able to bend, squat, step up steps to press platform.
Ability to work well within a team and can handle multiple aspects of metal fabrication (cutting, bending, mill work, finishing and assembly). This position is responsible for analyzing assembly drawings, measuring material and cutting them to appropriate size and shape.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed