Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products. With over 2,500 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here. We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
This position is responsible for supporting the Production and Shipping departments with a variety of material handling duties. The Forklift Operator will operate an industrial truck equipped with lifting devices. The Forklift Operator will be required to move materials by hand when needed.
- Safely and Efficiently operate truck and control movements of all lifting apparatus
- Position forks or clamps on pallets, skids, boxes, paper rolls, and/or other materials to safely move them to designated areas.
- Assist with tracking inventory levels of materials on each production line. Supply production lines with materials as needed. Clear finished products and waste from the production lines and move them to their designated area.
- Assist with wrapping and labeling product as needed.
- Complete various duties off of the forklift including: pushing racks of product by hand, operating stretch wrap machinery, daily housekeeping, etc.
- Operators will be required to complete daily inspections, recharge batteries, fill fuel tank, or replace liquefied gas tank.
- All other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- 3 years of forklift experience strongly preferred
- 1 -2 years of Manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to follow work instructions
- Capable of working in a fast-paced production environment
- Some positions may require ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and to stand, bend, and kneel for periods of time. Ability to push and pull oversized racks of product.
- Ability to work in a warehouse that is not climate controlled.
- Willingness to undergo drug screen and background check
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed