Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 2,500 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Provide quality service and support to external and internal customers.
- Promptly answer customer telephone calls and respond to e-mails.
- Communicate customer requests or changes to Customer Service and Production personnel.
- Scheduling customer deliveries with transportation carriers, via Lean Logistics system and email/phone.
- Sources transportation rates from carriers for new customer destinations.
- Verify accuracy of orders received.
- Place raw materials in correct area of warehouse or production floor.
- Maintain clean and orderly warehouse at all times.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Assist in other departments as necessary.
- Perform all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar policies and financial control procedures.
- Resolves problems efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Work safely and effectively in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates or College degree preferred.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in customer relations.
- Must have ability to multitask and meet deadlines in fast paced environment.
- Is punctual and reports for work as scheduled. Works overtime when necessary to complete job functions.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, and act with good judgment is essential.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills plus Microsoft Office programs Excel, and Word.
- Superior interpersonal skills a must.
- Must be detailed orientated.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member.
- Fork Lift certification a plus.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed