Caraustar Industries, Inc., an industry leader in paperboard products, seeks a Maintenance Technician to join our thriving team in Kingston Springs, TN. The right candidate will have experience trouble-shooting issues with electrical equipment, the ability to fix equipment, a strong mechanical aptitude and can effectively work in a fast-paced environment. This position is on our night shift.
We maintain a stellar reputation in the industry and are enjoying rapid growth. This is the right role to invest your talents as you will have ample opportunity to learn new skills and advance to new opportunities.
To the Maintenance Technician, we offer:
- Full-time position with overtime based upon need
- Medical, prescription and dental benefits with employee contribution
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation time
- Sign-on bonus
Caraustar Industries, Inc. is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We aim to be a socially responsible corporation, and remain committed to environmentally sound practices while providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products. Caraustar serves the four principal recycled boxboard product end-use markets: tubes and cores; folding cartons; gypsum facing paper and specialty paperboard products. For more about us, please visit our website at www.caraustar.com
Improve the productivity and work quality of the Maintenance Department by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, scheduling and coordination of manpower, parts and materials, and equipment access. Improve reliability through precision maintenance practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- A strong background in repairing and troubleshooting Printing, cutting and gluing
- A background in repairing and troubleshooting Printing, cutting and gluing equipment a plus
- Experience with any Mitsubishi Off Set Printing, Zerand cutters, Bobst & Staude folder/gluers equipment is also plus.
- Electrical and or mechanical background is a must.
- Helps coordinates, arrange the completion of corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance (PM,PdM) in accordance with company safety procedures and integrates these PMs into the daily plans of the plant.
- Understand the ideals of precision maintenance, precision assembly. Will need to coach this practice to all reports to eliminate infant mortality in our repairs.
- Assists with PM/TPM activities with plant supervisors.
- Evaluates long-term needs in relation to major projects, property improvements and makes recommendations to Management.
- Understand the value of time management.
- Adheres to all safety policies. Participates in complex-wide safety, housekeeping, and continuous improvement programs (Operational Excellence, Lean Manufacturing, etc.).
- Ensures that high standards of safety are developed, communicated and met within the department. Create an atmosphere of personal accountability.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures related to maintenance and safety.
- Participates in annual budget preparation as it relates to safety and maintenance of facilities, grounds and equipment and capital projects.
- Completes other assignments as deemed appropriate.
- Technical Degree preferred.
- 2 year’s experience preferred in all phases of industrial equipment maintenance.
- Reliability Solutions training is a plus
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Good math skills and computer skills including Excel and CMMS
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to read standard blueprints, machine and process drawings with the ability to sketch or redline existing drawings.
- Knowledge and understanding of the maintenance processes and proper use of the work order system, planning and scheduling, and storeroom processes.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities or projects and keep them progressing to completion.
- Ability to accurately estimate labor hours, material requirement and skills needed to complete a job and must be able to visualize and communicate the execution of work.
- Ability to adhere to healthy safety practices.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed