Supervises all shift employees and complies with all safety, quality, production and housekeeping standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the Mill Safety Program completely including developing full crew participation in pro-active safety activities such as pre-hazard assessments, audits, safety engagement, and crew safety meetings, as well as reporting and investigating accidents and near misses, reporting and correcting unsafe conditions and behaviors, maintaining good housekeeping standards, and enforcing compliance with mill safety policies.
- Supports all elements of OPEX activities including Performance Management, Standardization, Leader Standard Work, Operator Basic Care, 5’s, Maintenance Reliability and Root Cause Problem Solving.
- Coordinates and leads production related activities such as planning and executing grade changes, shut downs and start-ups, trials, equipment maintenance and process control.
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures. Ensures that Subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Ensures operation is well staffed and schedules overtime and time off.
- Inspects kronos and verifies that employees time reporting is accurate.
- Trains employees in safety, potential hazards, and safe work practices.
- Trains staff on production tasks, equipment, processes, quality standards and requirements.
- Enforces company rules and organizational policies consistently and without exception.
- Advises superintendents of any problems on shift.
- Monitors quality control checks as they are made; notes any trends and takes necessary action to keep the board within specifications.
- Ensures maximum production at the lowest cost.
- Resolves employee problems and complaints in a timely and consistent basis.
- Performs duties on designated shift(s).
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.