Caraustar Industries, Inc., an industry leader in paperboard products, seeks Entry Level Forklift Drivers to join our thriving team in Kingston Springs, TN. This role works in our shipping/receiving department.
To our Forklift Operators, we offer:
- Competitive pay plus a $500 signing bonus
- 12 hour shifts with 3-4 day work weeks; long weekends every other week, less commute time!
- Quick advancement opportunity
- Medical, dental and vision coverage with employee contribution
- 401(k) with 5% company match
- Vacation time
Caraustar Industries, Inc. is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We aim to be a socially responsible corporation, and remain committed to environmentally sound practices while providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar serves the four principal recycled boxboard product end-use markets: tubes and cores; folding cartons; gypsum facing paper and specialty paperboard products. For more about us, please visit our website at www.caraustar.com..
- Responsible for reviewing and preparing all shipments according to the shipment calendar.
- Work with incoming and outbound trucking companies on scheduled pick-ups and deliveries.
- Loading and unloading of shipments as per the bills of lading.
- Proper storage and warehousing of materials according to warehouse layout.
- Delivery of incoming materials to required departments.
- Review of documentation for accuracy prior to all shipments leaving the building.
- Assist Warehouse Lead with any required procedures.
- Examines own work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Ensures correct shipments of orders.
- Operates forklift truck safely.
- Inspects forklift trucks according to policy standard for safe operation and reporting of damaged equipment.
- Maintains a clean and safe warehousing environment.
- Communicates company safety and procedures to all visitors received in the warehouse including truck drivers and contractors.
- Reports all food safety and quality problems to the Quality Team.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- 5 years minimum experience in a warehouse environment supporting a manufacturing plant
- Maintain up-to-date forklift operating license using various forklift trucks such as stand-up, sit-down, etc.
- Working off-shift work hours 7:00 AM -7:00 PM or 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM, working hours 40 hours+ as necessary
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Have exceptional judgment, ability, initiative, and aptitude in the carrying out of assignments with minimal direct supervision.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed