Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 2,500 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
Beginning finisher is a physically demanding job, assisting in the safe production of paperboard in all areas in a 24-hour/day, 7-days/week facility on a rotating shift. Pay is $17.85 per hour plus shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shifts.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: THESE POSITIONS ARE MANDATORY, 7 DAY ROTATING 8-HOUR SHIFT WORK, MANDATORY WEEKEND WORK AND MANDATORY OVERTIME WORK.
SAFETY REQUIREMENT: NEW PERSONNEL AND VISITORS WEAR RED SAFETY VESTS FOR SAFETY AWARENESS PURPOSES
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the processing of paperboard, specifically in the rewinding, slitting, palletizing, banding, weighing and ticketing of the material.
- Responsible for handing any cleanup of “broke” paper generated in the manufacturing of paperboard process.
- Responsible for periodic environmental waste and debris cleanup of outside property in all weather conditions – as necessary
- Assist operating team as needed in duties and tasks
- Work around rotating equipment
- Work in various environments for temperature and cleanliness
- Work as assigned
- Responsible for responding to any machine malfunctioning that results in cleanup of lost production in the paper making operation.
- Operate an overhead crane.
- Operate various Powered Industrial Vehicle (PIV) equipment
- Must have basic English speaking, reading and comprehension skills
- Ability to comprehend, retain, and perform procedures from verbal and written instructions
- Excellent teamwork abilities and interpersonal skills; working well with others
- Ability to adhere to health and safety practices.
- Ability to solve basic math problems, including ability to accurately read a measuring tape or device to 1/16 inch increments
- Sound physical condition – ability to tolerate heat and humidity while performing manual labor and labor intensive activities that include bending, walking climbing, standing and cleaning
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.; push and pull a minimum of 100 lbs.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and meet/supersede stated essential functions and responsibilities
- Be able to work a rotating shift: 8- hour shift, rotating days, nights and weekends.
- Perform the safe and efficient use of basic hand tools
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Previous experience with operation of a Power Industrial Vehicle (PIV) is a plus.
- Previous experience operating an overhead crane a plus
- Pre-employment drug screen required
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed