Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Caraustar has an immediate need for a Customer Service Representative (CSR) at our Newark Recycling facility.
The CSR position is a key position in the organization as the first point of contact for customer account and service needs. Customers (vendors) rely on CSR’s to help with any number of issues associated with the transportation, service, quality, and general support of their accounts. CSR’s may be required to enlist the support of internal and external resources to properly service the customer. In order to understand the customer’s business, CSR’s may visit customer sites to get a clear perspective of the customer’s needs. CSR’s must work safely and effectively in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Provide quality service and support to external and internal vendors.
- Promptly answer vendor telephone calls and respond to e-mails.
- Communicate significant vendor/customer requests or changes with perspective manager.
- Monitor and track service and logistical information in order to help solve potential problems with vendor and customer services.
- Keep well informed of customer desired results as well as develop strong relationships with your point of contact at our vendors and customers.
- Send Purchase Orders and Reports to vendors.
- Completes end of Month/QTR/Year account reconciliations, and reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and to establish, develop, and maintain professional relationships with internal and external customers
- Strong analytical and administrative skills
- Perform all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar policies and financial control procedures.
- Resolves problems efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Provides general administrative assistance for special projects as requested.
- Maintain paper file system for each vendor.
- College degree preferably with in a business related field.
- At least 2 to 3 years’ experience in customer relations required
- Must have ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Is punctual and reports for work as scheduled. Works overtime when necessary to complete job functions.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, and act with good judgment is essential.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills including but not limited to the Microsoft Office programs Excel Word, and Powerpoint
- Superior interpersonal skills required.
- Must be detailed orientated.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed