Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Supervises operations within the plant. Work in step with facility General Manager on any our required task or duties. Ensures that equipment is well maintained and quality of product produced meets/supersedes expectations. Responsible for the development of employees while ensuring high productivity. Ensures a safe and healthy workplace. Will operate various equipment as needed.
- Oversees logistics of the operation; ensures timely delivery of product. Reports on daily production, plans for future production and communicates effectively with all staff.
- Acts as a change agent to support continuous improvement and production efficiency efforts with safety and quality at the forefront.
- Communicates KPIs with shift employees. Ensures planned KPI’s are met for all departments and follows up on any countermeasures to drive through implementation.
- Write thorough descriptions of problems, facilitate process to get to a root cause that applies the principals of Root Cause Problem Solving.
- Provides training and leadership of employees in a participative, continuous improvement environment.
- Evaluates direct reports and provides feedback and coaching to employees.
- Ensures a safe and healthy workplace.
- Ensures that the shift employees are trained on operating safely and complying with company policy, rules and standards.
- Maintain good working relationships with vendors and customers.
- Ensures that equipment is well maintained and available when needed. Develop, train and implement operator basic care.
- Monitors quality of product to uphold company standards.
- Assists with scheduling of personnel to accommodate production needs. Adjusts crew to various machines to manage workflow.
- Reports when equipment needs to be serviced in a timely fashion to manager.
- Acts as a backup for other shifts.
- Operates various pieces of equipment as necessary (forklift, loader, roll saw, baler, industrial guillotine)
- Knowledge of recycling processes and activities is a plus
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 4 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate ability to coach employees and develop talent.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at once and able to work proficiently under intense pressure.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically in a timely manner.
Strong detail orientation.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed