Job Description: Project Engineering Co-op for Mechanical/Chemical Engineering students at
Caraustar’s URB (Uncoated Recycled Boxboard) Mill Group Operations
Job Location: Austell, GA; Greater Atlanta GA (20 min west of Atlanta – near Six Flags over GA)
Time Slots Available for Position each semester:
- Summer 2018
Chemical or Mechanical Engineering positions at our Austell Mill Complex, a three-paperboard machine site. The complex produces 900 tpd (tons per day) of boxboard and tube-board used in folding cartons, book and binder covers, industrial tubes, partitions, and gypsum facing paper.
- Approximately 50%-75% of the work will be project related rather than day to day tasks.
- Lead capital and maintenance projects including:
- Establishing project scope and estimates
- Overseeing development of the overall project schedule
- Developing capital request write ups
- Managing on-site contractors. Establishing safety expectations and ensuring quality work
- Tracking and reporting energy usage such as Steam/condensate system, compressed air usage, water usage, and electricity costs.
- Prepare and generate engineering drawings, reports, and diagrams
- Perform engineering calculations as required
- Support mill reliability efforts including leading RCPS (Root Cause Problem Solving) activities and critical spare parts management
- Data collection and analysis to monitor quality and resolve process issues.
- Assist in chemical and/or process improvement trial coverage and data analysis.
- Sophomore or higher level in Paper Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Prior experience preferred, but not required.
- GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (required) and AutoCAD software (preferred, but not required).
- Self-motivated and ability to work well in team environments.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed