Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Provide superior customer service support to all customers and vendors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Provide superior customer service to all customers and vendors for brokerage.
- Enter customer purchase orders, manage each customer account and inventory, apply existing inventory to new orders.
- Communicates with all sales representatives and facilities to maintain accurate flow of shipment from beginning to end of the order process.
- Communicate requests/changes to scheduling/converting/shipping.
- Resolves problems efficiently and effectively. Process corrective actions.
- Answer customer calls and respond to emails in a timely fashion.
- Schedule releases for customer orders.
- Provide support to sales team.
- Process customer quotes under a truckload.
- Back-up production scheduling where needed/requested by manager.
- Keep an organized file system of hard copy customer and system purchase orders.
- Ensures a safe and healthy workplace.
- Build freight loads into transportation system.
- Work with Corporate Logistics Department to drive down freight costs.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Customer Service and logistics responsibilities for two different mills.
- Enters completed orders into system.
- Run reports for management upon request.
- Streamline order processing
- Perform other duties as may be customary with the position or as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. 4 year degree preferred.
- Must have ability to multitask in fast paced environment.
- Ability to think critically essential.
- Ability to act in good judgment from prior experience a must.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and be a self-starter.
- Must have PC skills in Microsoft Office software.
- Must be able to work under immediate supervision.
- Superior interpersonal skills a must.
- Ability to resolve problems.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Must be open to occasional travel Tama Iowa
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed