Caraustar Industries, Inc., an industry leader in paperboard products, seeks a Plant Utility to join our thriving team in Charlotte, NC. This position is open on third shift. This position requires a candidate that is able to work in a fast-paced environment and is looking to learn and grow with our company. We maintain a stellar reputation in the industry and are enjoying rapid growth. This is the right role to invest your talents as you will have ample opportunity to learn new skills and advance to new opportunities. To the Plant Utility, we offer:
- Full-time position with overtime based upon need
- Medical, prescription and dental benefits with employee contribution
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation time
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
Caraustar Industries, Inc. is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We aim to be a socially responsible corporation, and remain committed to environmentally sound practices while providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products. Caraustar serves the four principal recycled boxboard product end-use markets: tubes and cores; folding cartons; gypsum facing paper and specialty paperboard products. For more about us, please visit our website at www.caraustar.com.
- Perform all duties safely. Use all safety equipment and procedures.
- Able to read, understand and follow specific requirements in the APO regarding packing instructions and shipment destinations.
- Palletization of finished cases from finishing department.
- Move completed pallets to designated areas.
- Assure date printer is printing legibly on cases.
- Inventory case sealing tape.
- Clean and organize area.
- Remove bales from baler.
- Weigh and record weight of bales and segregate board types for highest value.
- Load bales on to truck.
- Contact recycler to switch trucks when full of bales.
- Maintain inventory of gayloards.
- Operate Gulliotine as needed.
- Operate and maintain stretch wrapper.
- Adhere to all ISO procedures.
- Re-aerate loads at pressman’s request.
- Return special skids to appropriate department.
- Communicate required information to co-workers and manager.
- Assist helper when required.
- Follow department and company policies and procedures.
- Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of this position at anytime.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3 years of manufacturing or assembly line experience
- Ability to work any shift: 7am - 3pm, 3pm - 11pm or 11pm - 7am.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and any required overtime. Ability to work any shift and/or flexible schedules.
- Basic mechanical skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to use basic measurement tools.
- Ability to track production and complete required paperwork.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed