Die Cutting Operator - Off Shift
Kingston Springs, TN
Caraustar Industries, Inc., an industry leader in paperboard products, seeks a Die Cutting Operator to join our thriving team in Kingston Springs, TN. This position requires a candidate that is able to work in a fast-paced environment and is looking to learn and grow with our company.
We maintain a stellar reputation in the industry and are enjoying rapid growth. This is the right role to invest your talents as you will have ample opportunity to learn new skills and advance to new opportunities.
To the Die Cutting Operator, we offer:
- Full-time position with overtime based upon need
- Medical, prescription and dental benefits with employee contribution
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation time
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
Caraustar Industries, Inc. is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We aim to be a socially responsible corporation, and remain committed to environmentally sound practices while providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products. Caraustar serves the four principal recycled boxboard product end-use markets: tubes and cores; folding cartons; gypsum facing paper and specialty paperboard products. For more about us, please visit our website at www.caraustar.com.
Previous Experience as a Cutting Operator working with Bobst equipment. Experience in performing preventative maintenance with mechanical and electrical troubleshooting ability. Must be able to read and review all paper instructions and labeling requirements.
Position Summary: Prepare die cutters for production and make adjustments to meet customer specifications.
- Review and follow directions on job jacket per job run.
- Establish make-ready on press and set guides and feeder.
- Perform all necessary quality checks at set intervals.
- Sort non-conforming and clarify any unclear procedures or specifications prior to creating die cutters.
- Sort bad product and log waste count.
- Maintain scrap baskets and replace when necessary.
- Responsible for performing score bend ratio tests.
- Create work-in-process tags when necessary.
- Setup and verify bar code verifiers as required.
- Complete required productions reports, log necessary information on job jackets and other required documentation.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment per work instructions.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and any required overtime.
- Ability to work any shift and/or flexible schedules.
- Previous experience working with a die cutter.
- Basic mechanical skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to use basic measurement tools.
- Ability to track production and complete required paperwork.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed