As a Manufacturing Operator Trainee in our Camden, SC facility, you will utilize your experience, talents and training to assist in all production aspects of manufacturing while working with production crews to manufacture quality products in accordance with customer specifications. This will be achieved through following standard work, implementing continuous improvements and preventive maintenance of equipment and processes. You will be responsible for setting up, operating, monitoring and effectively trouble-shooting machinery and components to achieve the desired results. Your work will be completed in a safe, professional and timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of daily production planning with Customer Service coordination.
- Perform equipment startups, quality adjustments, and repairs as needed.
- Coordinate efforts with production crew.
- Help maintain and improve a safe work environment, good housekeeping and 5-S standards.
- Ensure product meets quality standards.
- Maintain and improve equipment uptime through PM’s and bottleneck analysis.
- Participate in root cause analysis efforts.
- Engagement in all production and safety metrics for assigned manufacturing line/process.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures. Participates in plant-wide safety, housekeeping and continuous improvement processes (Operational Excellence, Lean Manufacturing, etc.).
- Ensures reliability of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, PLC, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production machines. Sound electrical background preferred.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with initiative.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to safely operate material handling equipment including forklift and pallet jack.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and trouble-shoot complex machinery.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and to perform with minimal supervision
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to work any shift.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent attendance history.
- Excellent safe work history.
- Demonstrated mechanical skills
- Demonstrated technical proficiency.
- Demonstrated modeling and promoting of safety habits and workplace organization.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed