Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Position Title: Material Handler
Location: Newark, NJ Recycling plant
Provides assistance in the process of converting manufacturing paperboard in an efficient and safe manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working safe is a condition of employment.
- Adheres to all recycling plant safety policies and training as scheduled. Participates in recycle-wide safety, housekeeping and all continuous improvement programs (Operational Excellence, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, etc.).
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and responsibility in every aspect of the job
- Must be willing to work in a tobacco product free environment and a drug free environment with random drug testing.
- Working as scheduled and arriving on time is a condition of employment.
- Responsible to complete assigned work with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing and available to work scheduled holidays as necessary.
- In sound physical condition – ability to tolerate cold, heat and humidity while performing manual labor; work can be physically demanding at times.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 LBS.
- Must be available to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift for eight (8) hours, and up to seven (7) days per work week to support a 24-hour/7-day operation with seasonal demands.
- Assists in the processing of sorting paperboard; specifically in the recycling/palletizing/banding/weighing/ticketing/shipping of recycled paperboard products.
- Removes debris generated in the paper recycling process.
- Operates lift truck as necessary. Perform lift truck safety check to ensure proper lift equipment operation.
- Keeps floors and equipment clean as necessary.
- Learns other recycling production jobs in order to fill temporary vacancies of regular workers during vacation, off days, etc.
- May be asked to assist operators with the maintenance of equipment as necessary.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required
- At least 1 year of revelant work experience preferred.
- Must be willing to advance in skills and knowledge.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Mechanical skills a plus.
- Ability to work as a team member in an employee based leadership environment.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed