Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Coordinates the planning, organization and completion of engineering projects within the Maintenance Department. Direct and participate in the development of projects to improve mechanical reliability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures
- Plan, direct and implement projects in process monitoring, investigation, and optimization
- Lead Equipment Reliability and Uptime Improvement Projects, Waste Reduction Initiatives, Root Cause Failure Analysis, Preventive Maintenance Systems
- Lead team to resolve operating problems with process, maintenance, and plant engineering support
- Coordinate designs, drawings and specifications that will meet process and departmental projects
- Develop material lists, cost estimates and budget inputs
- Work with contractors and business partners
- Work closely with production department and operators to improve process and quality
- Work in cross functional teams from quality, safety, and paper making to drive business initiatives
- Designing, updating and creating CAD drawing for assemblies and components with follow up after installation
- Research, select, and prepare components and assemblies for installation
- Support production needs for new products and efficiency improvements
- Follow safe work practices at all times
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required and 0-5 years of engineering experience and systems engineering design.
- Must have working knowledge of equipment design and operation of manufacturing equipment.
- Knowledge of predictive and preventive maintenance techniques and reliability planning a plus.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills a must.
- Excellent analytical skills for reviewing costs and preparing budget reports.
- Experience with Auto CAD or similar mechanical CAD drafting package, as well as general computer skills.
- Proven ability to work with operators, management, contractors and vendors to achieve project results.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed