General Laborers performs a variety of tasks to support the maintenance and housekeeping of the mill, working alongside other employees to support their job functions by cutting cores, assisting in the roll upending process, creating tickets, producing needed reports, all while training to move up in the line of progression. A General Laborer’s primary job is to learn and understand both the sixth hand job and material handler job. These are the next two jobs the General Laborer will advance to when an opening arises based on seniority.
- Adheres to all mill safety policies
- Cutting cores, aligning cores, core plugs
- Ticket creation, ticket maintenance, label placement
- Weighing ribbons and/or jumbo rolls
- Trimming ribbons
- Operating various equipment – conveyor, elevator, shuttle cart, upender, roll bander
- Running various reports
- Providing support during paper breaks and machine start-ups
- General housekeeping
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge and ability to work safe in a team environment.
- Possess clear oral and written communication skills
- Have exceptional judgment, ability, initiative, and aptitude in the carrying out of assignments with minimal direct supervision.
- Willingness to stand and/or be on feet 12+ hours per day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. as needed.
- Must be able to go up and down on ladders, steps, or other lifts as necessary.
- Must be able to work in outdoor weather and/or unregulated temperatures 12+ hours/day.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays and call-in rotations during 24/7 per week
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed