Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
This position will be responsible for supporting implementations and maintaining financial reporting systems, structures and reports to support the business. This role will be expected to be the subject matter expert on Caraustar’s financial reporting systems including Cognos and Reports Now.
This role will also be responsible understanding the Chart of Accounts and JDE data structures and related impacts on reporting. Other duties may include ad hoc projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare the Monthly Board Presentation and supporting documents.
- Prepare and maintain ad hoc queries and budget reports.
- Lead the preparation of the annual budget model.
- Support the annual budget process and re-forecasts.
- Support the JDE manufacturing rollout and integrate standard costing analytics into report revisions.
- Support corporate reporting requirements to include bank compliance, bank audit for Treasury, monthly SG&A reporting and other reports and queries as needed.
- Troubleshoot user access and setup new users.
- Provide Cognos and Reports Now user training.
- Other duties as assigned
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required
- Strive for the best, with the unwillingness to accept mediocrity in the level of performance and/or work provided and/or received
- 5+ years of experience
- Ability to work independently
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting
- Advanced degree preferred
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Required: Strong Excel
- Familiarity with Cognos, Reports Now, JD Edwards a plus
- Structured Query Language (SQL) (Basic-level) a plus
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) tools a plus
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed