Caraustar Industries, Inc., an industry leader in paperboard products, seeks a Finishing Apprentice to join our thriving team in Charlotte, NC. This position is open on third shift. This position requires a candidate that is able to work in a fast-paced environment and is looking to learn and grow with our company. We maintain a stellar reputation in the industry and are enjoying rapid growth. This is the right role to invest your talents as you will have ample opportunity to learn new skills and advance to new opportunities. To the Finishing Apprentice, we offer:
- Full-time position with overtime based upon need
- Medical, prescription and dental benefits with employee contribution
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation time
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
Caraustar Industries, Inc. is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We aim to be a socially responsible corporation, and remain committed to environmentally sound practices while providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products. Caraustar serves the four principal recycled boxboard product end-use markets: tubes and cores; folding cartons; gypsum facing paper and specialty paperboard products.
- Assist Operators with make-ready.
- Cover Feeder Catchers and Operators during breaks.
- Preform preventative maintenance on machining.
- Follow proper lockout/tagout procedures when working on equipment.
- Verify label accuracy prior to startup after make-ready.
- Setup and run scanning equipment.
- Perform quality checks and documentation.
- Complete daily production reports.
- Obtain work-in-process loads, based on machine usage.
- Review design changes with Supervisor, Die Room and Designer.
- Communicate required information to co-workers and manager.
- Assist with setup of corrugated cases, cut pads, and make labels and set-up tapers when needed.
- Wash and fill glue pots.
- Follow safety rules and regulations.
- Follow department and company policies and procedures.
- Report all food safety and quality problems to the Department Manager or Quality Team.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3 years of manufacturing or assembly line experience
- Ability to work any shift: 8 or 12 hours, AM or PM.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and any required overtime. Ability to work any shift and/or flexible schedules.
- Basic mechanical skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to use basic measurement tools.
- Ability to track production and complete required paperwork.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed