Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Comply with the Caraustar Safety and Quality Policy. Facilitate and execute projects that support Caraustar’s Industrial Products Group World Class Vision for Safety, Quality, and Operational Excellence. Implement continuous improvement processes to meet and exceed customer expectations. Business unit subject Matter Expert, coach’s plant members on execution of Caraustar’s playbook.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibility vary between several Process Excellence support functions; position tailored to meet strength’s / needs of candidate and organization. This role opens up promotion or developmental opportunities within the organization in approximately 1 to 2 yrs.
- Guides business unit functions to improve operational metrics and plant P&L.
- Coach lean tools and root cause problem solving at various levels of the organization.
- Share best practice with Plant Management teams; comfortable leading Kaizen events.
- Track and report plant OpEx project progress; drive project implementation to completion.
- Research and Development support projects as assigned.
- Performs other tasks as assigned including (but not limited to) OpEx and Quality.
- Ensures a safe and healthy workplace producing high quality products.
- Encourages implementation of the business unit quality management system
- Comply in all respects with the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy provisions.
- Perform all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Business, Operational Management or other Engineering disciplines.
- At least 5+ years professional work experience in manufacturing/production environment with preference in paper manufacturing or paper converting industry.
- Must demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills; willingness to mentor others.
- Experience training and coaching others in problem solving methodologies.
- Must have strong project management and interpersonal soft skills.
- Must have proven ability of creating professional presentations using facts and data.
- Experience in Lean methodology preferred (SPC, DOE, SMED…).
- Proficient with SharePoint and Microsoft Excel/Power Point, and statistical analysis software (Minitab), preferred.
- Travel is required 70-80%. Schedule varies, but typically depart Monday mornings and return Thursday early evening.
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Absolute personal integrity and credibility.
- Leads by example - has an unbridled passion for Safety, Quality, and Operational Excellence.
- Influential - Ability to work with cross functional teams and diverse cultures both internally and external to the organization.
- Tenacious - sets and achieves stretch goals; meets commitments regardless of obstacles.
- Team player - has a passion for excellence in; people, processes, and product. Ability to interact with all organization levels. Must be able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Risk-taker - challenges conventional solutions.
- Creative – Brings new ideas to the team.
- Strong, clear, simple communication style.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed