Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows all safety rules and regulations. Attends daily Safety Meetings. Completes monthly Safety participation requirements.
- Performs all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Plans and establishes daily production schedules in accordance with customer requirements.
- Print work orders daily that match the production schedule for each product, quantity and machine.
- Each day maintain production schedule 72-96 hours in advance.
- Monitors and records daily production reports and adjusts schedule as necessary. Inform Customer Service of any issues or changes with the schedule.
- Verify raw materials are available before scheduling orders. Inform Purchasing of low material inventories.
- Data entry of key metrics including but not limited to; productivity, labor hours, etc.
- Records Finished Goods inventories daily and at month end.
- Focus on schedule and machine efficiency.
- Will train as back up to purchasing position.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- College Graduate preferred
- High School Diploma required with at least 1- 4 years’ experience in related field.
- Knowledge of standard practices, concepts and procedures is desired.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software programs, especially Excel worksheets.
- Critical thinking skills and accuracy are necessary to perform essential job functions.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed